Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Haven't Slept in 36 Hours

I just spent 24 hours on a ship with a bunch of 4th through 8th graders. Exhaustion does not even begin to cover it. It was part of a program that the school I teach at participates in at the Dana Point Harbor Ocean Institute. They simulate what it must have been like for early sailors during the Revolutionary War. I got to "swab the deck" and "coil the rope" and all of those other fun things that sailors did. Really, it was a great trip though, but I felt like the Von Trapp family because I ended up being awake all night because I had 10 kids in my bunk!! They were all homesick so they wanted to be with me- ALL NIGHT! I was so happy to come home to my own bed again. And to see my husband and cute little doggies. There's no place like home.




0 comments: