Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blog Hiatus

I have been on a little blog hiatus lately. For reasons that I don't even know. I love blogging. I have a lot to say but for some reason I have not even been in the mood. I think perhaps I just feel like how many posts about lunches with friends, parties, concerts, etc can one person possibly keep up with? When I look back on my life and think how will my kids remember me, what do I want them to say? She was a great blogger. who cares? Scott and I have been going through a little bit of a transformation lately and it's incredible. We have been doing what we call "weeding out." We are getting rid of the clutter in our lives and focusing in on the important stuff. Simple right? no, not really blogging friends. We got rid of cable. Now when we have our "cookie surprise" (a routine that scott and i have nightly where I ask what we will have for a treat, he responds with, well maybe some broccoli? and i act disappointed only to be "surprised" by whatever cookie or treat he brings for us to enjoy) we talk until all hours of the night. We have never been big on TV and this just seems like the right thing for our family. We begun teaching college group at church, we are concentrating on molding our lives into something spectacular. I have a very wise friend who once told me that everything spectacular in life comes down to one word. Intentionality. This just seemed like the right time for us. We have always lived our lives by the seat of our pants which we love and will still continue to do but just with more intentionality. So what does this entail? Well this blog for one. It will henceforth be an effort that we concentrate on together. Kind of like our journal to one another this will be an account of our journey through our life together. Life is good blogging friends, and it's time to start giving an account of just how good it can be. Now, I don't mean to insult the blogs that post pictures of what they made every night for dinner. I have a passion for cooking as well, and perhaps if it strikes me, might post a meal or two as well. But don't you ever think that there is something more? We do. And that is exactly why we are going through this transformation. So stay tuned. Revolution is on it's way.

1 comments:

Kari said...

Good thoughts Katelyn. Excited to see and hear about the awesome things that God does in your family.