Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Isn't it Ironic. A Life Lesson.

A valuable lesson was learned by yours truly this month. So many, many things went down the month of October in the Cheo household. Least of which was Miss B turning (gulp) ONE. (pictures to come). Since I was working so VERY hard, I took some much needed time off. I left my little sweetie and my Big sweetie for one whole evening and painted the town red with some girlfriends. That's right. You heard me. I packed my Big and Sexy hair spray, my sequined dress, and my fake eyelashes and headed with my three besties to Vegas for a night to see our beloved Dane Cook. I had some reservations about leaving the homefront. 1- lil miss B had fallen and had an enormous bruise on her head. would it cause amnesia? would she remember me when I got home? 2- I had never left her for a whole night before. and while I trust Scott, I did not trust myself not to have a breakdown in Caesar's palace and start showing some Elvis look alike pictures of my little mama in the bath tub. I had visions of myself saying "look at those little buns!? aren't they adorable!!" But alas, I took off my mom hat and got into the car with the ladies without so much as a wayward glance toward my home. We got dressed up (and looked pretty bangin if I do say so myself) and went to the Hard Rock to go see Dane. Please see photos below.





The night went off without a hitch. UNTIL. we became lost and ended up in a shady area on our way back to the strip. You might be wondering why we didn't take a cab. Well, we did not want to wait in an hour and a half line (which is what the line was at the Hard Rock) to get back to the strip. By that time it would have been late. We're old. We can't stay up all night like we used to. So we trucked it. In my heels, in my sequined dress through gravel and construction sites. We walked and walked. There were people trying to pick us up in their cars. There were shady characters everywhere. My besties got scared. I did not. They relied on me to navigate the way back to the strip. I wondered why. Then it hit me smack dab in the forehead. I'm a mom. I got down to business and found our way back. Though I was 500 miles away from home. Though I wanted to not be a mom for a night. No matter where I go, I'm sure to find myself there.

1 comments:

Heather H. said...

loved this.

we should definitely try to see each other soon...but the holidays are coming...

I like this intentionality thing too, GREAT idea!!