Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New York, New York




Well... as if I didn't have enough on my plate, I decided to commit social suicide and yet again this year direct my school's talent show. I have been in charge of putting on this production every year since I have been at the school. In case you were wondering I am also in charge of the Christmas show (that I came back from maternity leave at two weeks this year to complete). The show's theme was New York, New York and it went off without a hitch. The kids are so talented and every year it gets better and better. It cracks me up because every year my ideas for the show get more and more grandiose. This year I decided to (with the help of some of the parents of course) BUILD my own set. I projected a New York skyline in the background and had a taxi and a ticket booth built. I also had different musical posters painted and put around the stage. All in all it was the perfect night. (Sorry the photos are so bad, I stole them off of someone's facebook. More to come) Anyways, "the best show that we've had yet!" is what some people referred to it as. The night's highlight was a surprise "ballet" performance by my dear husband that had the audience ROLLING. Don't worry it will be on youtube and then shortly thereafter, on here. All I can say is I AM SO GLAD THAT IT'S OVER. I can breathe easy. At least until next year.

1 comments:

PJ and Julie said...

can't wait to see the you tube video...I'll be holding my breath until then!!

glad it went well! Make sure your are making time for you!! :)