Thursday, December 18, 2008

Volunteering

My father put together an opportunity to give a couple of weeks ago at the local nursing home. My friend Shannon came along. We were given the task of decorating a tree for a 95 year old woman named Virginia and her husband. It was apparent who ran that ship. Virginia had very definite ideas of how the tree was to be decorated. Smallest ornaments on top, and then middle sized in (where else?) the middle, and finally the largest on the bottom. She was a very sweet old lady, and was very appreciative of the work we put in.

My mom workin real tough as Mimi

My Dad and Sis safely keeping two feet on the ground

Shannon and I making sure that the smallest ornaments were at the very top

Virginia in front of her tree

2 comments:

Dana J. said...

How sweet... You're going straight to heaven!! :)

Jillian said...

hahahah that was so much fun! And I loved all the older ladies who were in love with Brinkers!