Tuesday, June 9, 2009

LOOOOONNNNG Weekend







I felt peer pressured into going to the Women's Retreat this weekend. I listened to comments like, "Come on Katelyn, don't be a party pooper." and "Katelyn adjust your attitude about it. You'll have a ton of people to help you." I should have ignored them. Resisted them. FLEED from them. Instead, I bent over and took it. And I decided to listen to peer pressure and go to the women's retreat with my baby. Though I will say that I enjoyed hanging out with other women and enjoyed not having to worry about making any meals but COME ON. I spent the entire weekend feeling like a single parent, trying to keep little B quiet during the sessions, trying to ward off the HUNDREDS of women that bombarded her every second. I am glad I did it, but NEVER AGAIN. I was happy to go home and even happier to receive a bouquet of flowers from my love upon stepping foot inside the door.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What kind of women's retreat was it? What kinds of things did you do?

It's always hard to be away from our husbands- no one knows how to help like they do.

Brinkley is looking more and more beautiful- I love the last picture where she is smiling. So cute!

Dan and Sarah said...

yeah...I can see how that would have been stressful. :)

glad you made it through.