Thursday, April 16, 2009

Being a Mom is Embarrassing Pt. 1

The other night we were out to dinner with some friends at a restaurant that is VERY locally. The tables are close together, it's a little noisy, etc. Brinkley started to fuss a little bit and so I decided to stand with her next to the table and do the "mom bounce" to keep her quiet. I am bouncing and talking to our friends and not paying attention when all of the sudden I notice people in the restaurant covering their mouths and smiling and talking to each other behind their hands. I look down and notice that my little Sprinkle has taken a hold of the lady's hair at the table next to us and was proceeding to rip it out. I know what you're thinking, not so bad right? Well unfortunately this lady was clearly a 40 year old desperate housewife because she was wearing FAKE HAIR. Brinkley was ripping out her FAKE HAIR. What can I say, my kid knows how to spot a bad weave.

4 comments:

Hippo Brigade said...

That's amazing! I thought you were going to say something like she spit up, and I would have been like, oh, yeah I've been there. But pulling out someone's fake hair? Nope, never been there. Way to go Brinkley!

Jessica said...

Wow. That is embarrassing! You forgot to tell us how you handled it. I thought you were going to say she exploded out of her diaper and it was leaking down your dress or something.

I can't wait for part 2!

Scott and Katelyn said...

I unfortunately laughed out loud, pulled the lady's hair out of Brinkley's hand and smiled at the lady. Luckily she smiled back with her BOTOXED lips and said she remembers what that was like. phew.

Heather H. said...

That makes me laugh too! Glad to hear the lady was nice but wasn't she embarrassed at all about the fact that her hair comes out? Well, maybe she has come to terms with her situation... Brinkley, just being a little one! Cute Easter photos by the way!!